Aquarius is a fixed air sign ruled by Uranus and symbolized by the Water Bearer. They’re born between January 21st and February 19th, and tend to be altruistic, progressive, and intelligent. They love to use their wit and wisdom to get to the truth of a situation.
Are you or someone you know is a Aquarius or has Aquarius rising? Keep reading to discover the personality traits of this creative, free-spirited zodiac sign!
- Positive Traits: Open-minded, innovative, independent, witty, unique, pragmatic, progressive, altruistic, friendly, sociable, intelligent, perceptive, and a good listener.
- Negative Traits: Emotionally aloof and detached, uncompromising, temperamental, and rebellious.
- Aquarius Likes: Fun and adventure, spontaneity, social justice, fighting for people and causes, technology, science and spirituality, a bohemian vibe, laughter, and intellectual connection.
- Aquarius Dislikes: Limitations, loneliness, disagreements, and boredom.
Aquarius Personality Traits
Aquarius individuals are often kind, empathic, and selfless. They genuinely care about the well-being of others, the planet, and virtually all sentient creatures.
Aquarians tend to be on the cutting edge of technology and innovation, thanks to their ruling planet. After all, why do it the way it’s been done if you could do it better? These sometimes original-to-the-point-of-eccentric individuals are a joy to be around if you like to be challenged by new ways of thinking. This air sign is the inventor, scientist, and spiritual explorer all in one! Witty and unique, Aquarius often knows a little bit about everything and a lot about a few select subjects.
Aquarius is both logical and deeply perceptive. Many also have the gift of intuition. Their ability to see things from both perspectives isn’t surprising considering the water-meets-air symbology of the sign. This duality allows them get to the root of an issue using problem-solving, intuition, and observation.
Aquarius tends to be analytical (sometimes to a fault). In scholarly and educational pursuits, this quality enables them to excel and reach the top of their field. But they can also get trapped in a rabbit hole and do so much analysis that they don’t execute on their vision!
The Aquarius person is very imaginative. Flashes of insight and inspiration come to them through music and art. Their ability to daydream also allows them to create things that have never existed before.
One of Aquarius’s best personality traits is that they are very down-to-earth and, usually, pretty easygoing. They put people at ease through their ability to chill. Taking time to relax and enjoy the moment is very important for an Aquarian Without it, they can easily suffer from stress and anxiety.
Aquarius is an air sign and this element governs the mind. So, it shouldn’t be surprising that, like Gemini and Libra, Aquarians are intelligent and have a great sense of humor. On occasion, this can turn them into a know-it-all, but people generally love being around this zodiac sign.
At their core, Aquarians are altruistic, generous individuals. They love to shower their loved ones with affection and gifts and helping those in need. Undeveloped water bearers may show more of their shadow side, which may present as emotional detachment. They can overcome this by tapping into their innate kind and giving nature.
Aquarius is the lone wolf of the zodiac, but not a negative way. They use their alone time for introspection, self-development, meditation, scholarly pursuits, creative and artistic advancements, and professional expansion.
Aquarius in Love
Aquarius is romantic, yet has a healthy sense of detachment when it comes to love. Aquarius is most compatible with fire and air signs. Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius are good matches as they provide the spontaneity and excitement they need. Gemini, Libra, and other Aquarius’s give them the mental bond they desire. If you’ve got one as your Sun sign and another as your Venus sign, you two could make a great match!
Aquarians receive pleasure from intellectual connection first and foremost. They’re not deeply emotional or over sensitive like Pisces. And, unlike Scorpio, they’re also not possessive at all. Aquarius is highly independent and wishes the same for their partner.
They don’t make good matches for water signs which tend to be overly emotional. Or earth signs, which tend to be too limiting or structured for them.
How to Attract an Aquarius
- Project independence and self-sufficiency. Aquarius thrives off their independence and seek the same in a partner. Clingy or possessive personalities won’t work for them!
- Be colorful and playful. Aquarius craves wit, intimacy, and fun. They are high-spirited and spontaneous and have a deep love of adventure and play. They see their partner as both their best friend and lover. Being boring, moody, or lacking enthusiasm won’t do you any favors.
- Show your talents and vision. Creativity, artistic vision, imagination and passion are sure turn-ons for the Aquarius sign. You’ll need to have a little something extra about you, some “oomph.” Be unique and allow your inner genius to shine.
Best Careers for Aquarius
The best career for an Aquarius is anything where they can use their imagination or analytical skills. The fields of technology, science, business, finances, marketing, are perfect for them. People born under the Aquarius sign make wonderful data analytics, IT professionals, or scientific researchers.
Aquarians also make great teachers as they love to inspire and educate others. Though they may also use this personality trait to help others in the nonprofit world.
Aquarius Family and Friends
Aquarius is a wonderful friend and family member. They’re generous, kind, compassionate, and excellent listeners. If you’re ever feeling stuck, Aquarians are excellent at offering sound advice and solutions to challenging problems.
Sensitive and vulnerable, this considerate air sign uses their empathy and insecurities to help others. They’re protective and loyal, fearless and devoted when it comes to looking after those they love.
Famous Aquarius People
Some famous Aquarians include: Bob Marley, Oprah Winfrey, Galileo, Charles Darwin, Virginia Woolf, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Charles Dickens, Michael Jordan, Alicia Keys, Shakira, and Ed Sheeran.
- 25 Spooky Halloween Cross-Stitch Patterns For When You’re Feeling Crafty - September 27, 2022
- How to Use the Moon Phases to Time Your Magical Work - September 22, 2022
- 9 Easy Things You Can Do To Live With More Intention As a Witch - September 5, 2022