Capricorn is an ambitious, determined cardinal earth sign ruled by Saturn and symbolized by the Sea-Goat. Capricorns are born between December 22 and January 20th and people love their down-to-earth nature. But, this zodiac sign is also surprisingly sensual and creative too!
If you or someone you know is a Capricorn, has Cap rising, or has Venus in Capricorn, read on to find out more about the personality traits of this plucky goat!
- Positive Traits: Intelligent, perceptive, discerning, practical, responsible, determined, resourceful, disciplined, sensual, grounded
- Negative Traits: Stubborn, domineering, overly sensitive, pessimistic, uptight, unforgiving, cold
- Capricorn Likes: Family, tradition, order, routine, structure, ambitious people, status, fame, prestige, music, art galleries, museums, quality craftsmanship, nature, creativity
- Capricorn Dislikes: Almost everything at some point! They are the sign most prone to pessimism. Also, idleness, laziness and disrespect.
Capricorn Traits: Strengths
Capricorn, a cardinal sign, has high standards in love, life, and career and their personality traits reflect this.
Personal and professional success matter to them and earth sign Capricorn likes to use their level-headedness and intelligence to create a beautiful and abundant life.
Capricorns possess immense focus and once they’ve set their sights on something, they are determined to climb the mountain and get it. Their keen level of discipline and self-control will help them on their way.
Capricorn men and women often spend their youth focused on practical money and career goals. As they get older, they tend to turn their ambition to personal growth. This is when meditation, self-healing, and spirituality can take on a central role.
Yet, despite all of this self-control and determination, Capricorn’s personality does have a wild side! Play and freedom to express themselves is extremely important to them! To be a truly happy goat, they need to let loose and wind down after so much devotion and commitment to their goals.
That said, if you have a friend with Capricorn as their sun sign, they’re likely the one to remind you to ‘tone it down’ if you’ve been partying too much!
Capricorn Traits: Weaknesses
The Capricorn sign does have some negative traits, however. They have a tendency to be condescending, unforgiving, and a bit of a know-it-all. They like to take charge, but if you’re involved in the situation, you know that this can also feel a bit controlling! In unbalanced or unevolved Capricorns, they can be so controlling that they are a bully or tyrant, so watch out for this.
The goat is one of the most ambitious and determined zodiac signs. And, sometimes, they sacrifice emotions for success, power, or wealth. If they do, they can quickly become cold and calculating. They’re set on reaching the top of the mountain and are intent on getting there any way they can. In other words, don’t get in their way. Because if you do, you’re likely to run into a pushy, arrogant shadow self version of the Cap you thought you liked.
Capricorns in Love
A Capricorn in love is in it for the long-term. If they choose to give their heart to you, you are a lucky person because their love is deep. If you are seeking a monogamous relationship with someone who will happily devote their life (and often livelihood) to you, look for a Capricorn! (And avoid Sagittarius.)
In love, Caps are sweet, sensual, and romantic. They’re most compatible with fellow earth signs Taurus and Virgo as well as other Capricorns. There is a mutual respect and understanding among the all earth signs.
When it comes to a deep soulmate connection, Capricorns should look to the water signs Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces. Capricorn appreciates the nurturing, emotional, and empathic qualities of the water signs and these partners can help a headstrong Cap find balance.
On the other hand, Capricorn is not so compatible with the fire or air signs. Fire signs tend to overpower this modest and mostly humble sign. Air signs want to bond intellectually, and while Caps are intelligent, they prefer to bond on an emotional or physical level.
How to Attract a Capricorn
- Compliment their ambition and determination. They love sincere compliments, but make sure you’re being genuine. Capricorn can sense superficiality.
- Show your mature side. Capricorn loves intelligence. Be your bold, wise, and sophisticated self to really pique their interest.
- Appreciate their strive towards self-sufficiency and self-autonomy. They love being seen and respected. They’ll love that you recognized and admired their achievements and dedication to their goals.
- Show them you are multidimensional. Show that there is more than just one side of you. This sun sign needs emotional comfort and intimacy too.
Best Careers for Capricorns
The best careers for a Capricorn are in accounting, marketing, financial fields, teaching, law, publishing, book-keeping, craftsmanship, building, architecture, and administration. This star sign loves order and structure, and is exceptionally good at organization.
This earth sign needs to feel useful and helpful, and service to others and society is important to them. That’s why if a large part of their job involves organization of ideas, people, or processes within one of the fields listed above they’re likely to shine.
When it comes to Capricorns and money, they’re almost certain to achieve financial success. All that hard work does eventually pay off!
Capricorn Family and Friends
Capricorn is an amazing friend, family member, lover, and parent. This sign is very generous. Once they sense you are someone that is worthy of their love and affection, they will shower you with gifts, time, and their innate wisdom.
Loyalty defines them and they have an aura of stability and security. They believe in your dreams too, so you can expect them to support and encourage you along your path.
Famous Capricorns People
Some famous Capricorns include Martin Luther King, Jr., John Legend, Jared Leto, Denzel Washington, Mary J. Blige, Jim Carrey, Dolly Parton, Orlando Bloom, LeBron James, Kate Middleton, and Michelle Obama.
- The Personality Traits of Aries, the Fiery Ram - April 1, 2021
- The Personality Traits of Pisces, the Sensitive Fish - March 4, 2021
- The Personality Traits of Sagittarius, the Bold and Creative Archer - December 4, 2020