If you’re a witch, you’ve undoubtedly seen a witch quote that speaks to your soul. Maybe it was about magic. Maybe it was about the moon or nature. Maybe it was a quote about being a strong woman or one that connected to your favorite Wiccan Sabbat.
The one that has always resonated with me is “We are the granddaughters of the witches you couldn’t burn.” It’s not just a message of resilience, it’s also a reference to the Salem Witch Trials and a tribute to those that have come before us.
If you’ve been trying to find one that inspires you, here are some of the best witch quotes I’ve found.
25 Best Witch Quotes
1. Always Trust Your Inner Goddess
2. “The first time I called myself a ‘Witch’ was the most magical moment of my life.” – Margot Adler
3. Witches don’t look like anything. Witches are. Witches do. – Franny Billingsley
4. Love for life in all its forms is the basic ethic of Witchcraft. – Starhaw
5. Sky Above, Earth Below, Peace Within
Sign available on Etsy.
6. I don’t always wear black. Sometimes I wear nothing.
Blanket available on Ink Poisoning Apparel.
7. She was devoted to the moon in its darkness she found comfort and in its light she found hope – Wild Woman Sisterhood
8. “My religion speaks of the old ways. It is the perfume of my night, the sanctity of my day.” – Karla Bardanza
9. The moon made me do it.
10. “Above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hiding in the most unlikely places. Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.” — Roald Dahl
11. “Remember, your words can plant gardens or burn whole forests down” – Gemma Troy
12. “Hearts Are Wild Creatures. That’s Why Our Ribs Are Cages.” – Morticia Adams
Available on Etsy.
13. I Am the Moon and the Moon Is Me.
Print available on Etsy.
14. “A witch out never be frightened in the darkest forest… because she should be sure in her soul that the most terrifying thing in the forest was her” – Terry Pratchett
15. Sky Above Me, Earth Below Me, Fire Within Me.
Print available on Etsy.
16. Be a light in dark places.
17. Your Fate Is In Your Hands.
Cards available on Etsy.
18. You Say Witch Like It’s a Bad Thing.
19. “The day I decided that my life was magical there was suddenly magic all around me.” – Marabeth Quin
20. “At heart we are all powerful, beautiful, and capable of changing the world with our bare hands.” — Dianne Sylvan
21. “Magic is natural. It is a harmonious movement of energies to create a needed change.” — Scott Cunningham
22. The Earth Does Not Belong to Us, We Belong to the Earth
23. Unruly women are always witches no matter what century we’re in – Roxane Gay
24. Never Forget You are Magic.
25. “Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light; I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.” – Sarah Williams
- 13 Disney and Disney-Inspired Tarot Decks You Need to See - May 18, 2023
- What Is a Sea Witch? Plus, 6 Signs You Might Be One - May 13, 2023
- 63 Easy Beltane Recipes Everyone Will Love - April 26, 2023
Im a newly converted cosmic witch… any suggestions for my altar, and is it safe to do magic circles? Love!
I have another one: “Believe in your own magic.” Unknown
I am from mother earth whatever our race we will grow in harmony and peace
I’m newly converted always knew I was different and my church was outside and inside me I’m building my alter any suggestions for me? Blessed be Apryl
Apryl meet April on this April Day!!!
From light that’s me
So shall it be!
I thought these were cute but not all Witches are women !!!! Peace out Love !
That’s true! 🙂
The good ones are…😊
I might have to agree lol. I am a boy witch and I am learning under my sister who is the head of our covenant and my wife. Blessed be.
You are right I’ve have two sons that are